Geoff Jenkin is an experienced property lawyer in the conduct of claims regarding property litigation including claims under the Property (Relationships) Act 1976 and disputes concerning real estate.
Property Litigation and The Law
Property litigation can be diverse and include many areas of the law. The areas of dispute can relate to:
- Easements (the right to cross or use someone else’s land)
- Enforcing or cancelling sale and purchase agreements, or leases.
- Caveats – claims to an interest in property
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Possession claims
- Recovery of rent
Dispute resolution work to resolve claims may include:
- Assisting with the preparation of relationship property agreements
- Assisting with proceedings in the Family Court for the division of relationship property
- Investigation work into the hiding of property and assets
- Discovery work related to the finding of hidden property and assets
- Court orders relating to the protection of property
- Freezing of assets by way of injunction and detention orders
Specialising in Disputes Relating to the Property (Relationships) Act 1976
Geoff Jenkin regularly litigates and resolves claims for the division of property under the Property (Relationships) Act 1976 with respect to separated married couples and disputes under the Act involving couples in a de facto relationship.
Resolve Property Disputes by:
- Assisting in determining if the case is viable
- Assessing cases which are legally complex and procedurally difficult
- Working to negotiate the best outcome for you